Analyzing and Preventing Extremism Via Participation
|Topic ID||SU-GOVERNANCE-09-2020 – Addressing radicalization through social inclusion|
|Funding Scheme||HORIZON 2020|
PARTICIPATION is a Horizon 2020 funded project aimed at preventing extremism, radicalization and polarization that can lead to violence through more effective social and education policies and interventions. The project offers a holistic approach towards extremism and radicalization in order to capture and explore contemporary experiences of extremism and radicalization and proposes concrete actions, policies, and digital tools that will empower policy actors and practitioners to respond to a changing reality.
The project’s main topics are also violence, conflict and conflict resolution, transformation of societies, democratization, and social movements.
- Define new research methods based on participatory fieldwork and a mixed method approach
- Identify future perspectives and trends of hate speech, extremism and radicalization
- Develop innovative communicative tools, educational approaches and community-based strategies
- Improve the awareness of young people and communities
- Collect data and developing a set of indicators
- Developing policy recommendations with the participation of researchers, stakeholders, practitioners and social actors